Thursday, March 31, 2016

Painting challenge finished

For my first time doing this painting challenge I managed to meet my goal and not make the wife mad! I also enjoyed seeing all the different things others had painted and pushing myself to paint more than I likely would have. Next year I will have a 6 month old so the likely hood of doing another 1000 points might be a stretch. Or so I am told by others with kids. Either way I will get some painting done next challenge!

Everything I painted together

I started out with the idea of painting the whole ACW Battle in a box by Perry Miniatures. However I quickly switched gears and ended up painting Kings of War first and would continue switching around through the competition. 

After painting up the Kings of war figures I switched to Flames of war and then back to Kings of war. I did this several times till I finally decided to move on.

Doing the USA vehicles it was my first foray into dealing with decals. While someone time consuming not as hard as I made myself think it would be.

The German group I painted up. Thanks to the comments on my first post of these guys I dont feel so bad about the camo/attempt camo scheme on them now. Still missing that dang base for those 4 Germans though!!

Finally made it to the ACW battle in a box set. I started out with Union soldiers. While just being rank and file these still seemed to take a good amount of time. 



Finally the last ones I painted up. The Confederates. I used different colors on their hats and pants etc to try and show they weren't as well supplied and they would use what they could. Even painted some of their pants union color as if they got them by raiding a union convoy. (or so I have read and been told, don't want to upset any history buffs) I'll let my brother JJ advise me on that. Mr Civil war History buff himself

No comments:

Post a Comment