Thursday, August 23, 2018

Germans

Small German command set for Flames of War/15mm
First time attempting a camo pattern by hand on 15mm vehicles. I tried a couple years ago with an airbrush on some German tanks. Turned out decent but I had used an ink over them and ended up repainting them.
 I think it came out pretty decent for first attempt. If anything I think I need to not make as big of lines with the camo paint. Maybe flare them as well a bit more.
Debated on painting the guys to put in the back of these transports. Finally decided not to. Mainly cause I already have 4 German transports with the guys in them so figured it would be easy to use these with no guys to pick out the difference between transports and just "gun" trucks.
Not to much with the Germans. They were one of the first armies I painted when I got into 15mm WW2. so in order to keep them all looking the same I didn't do much to them. Debated this for a while. Finally realized I'm to OCD to have some of an army be different looking so kept it the same paint scheme back when I was first painting 15mm. If I do some Africa or winter troops then I'll change it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment