Wednesday, January 24, 2018

FOW Russians

All of the box set for Stalins Bears painted up
For the 3rd post for this years challenge I was able to paint up some Soviet tanks from the box set Stalins Bears. 
4xT-34/85 Tanks
Was going to just put red star decals on most the tanks but read that wasn't how all the tanks were. Not exactly trying to be historically accurate here so whether what I read was right or not the decals are on now. Would have been easy to just go with Red Stars and I'm sure everyone would have known exactly what they were. 
3x ISU-122 Assault guns
I'm polish so on the side of these tanks I put the polish decals. Again from what I read polish volunteers would do this if they were together in a tank. Historically accurate? I did a quick 5 min search so who knows
6xIS-2 heavy tanks
Final picture. You can't really see the treads well. I did something different with these than the normal way I have done treads on FOW tanks. Ended up painting them a brown and washing them twice with Nulin Oil to bring them down to almost a black. I like the effect on this rather than the straight black with some metal drybrush. A little metal on the treads probably wouldn't have hurt though 




No comments:

Post a Comment